Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

God, I Hope...

I've been working on a playlist to listen to during birth.  I've got twelve songs, just one short of lucky thirteen.

So yeah, I'm losing sleep, I acquired a case of the blues, and I'm working hard to Take Care these days.  What did I post about autumn?  'Tis the season for courage and sadness.  Winter ahead, but spring ahead too. 

What time will we find out who won today's vote?  God, I hope it's Barack. 

Betty's moving.  It's so amazing to feel it and realize there is a baby inside me.  So close, yet invisible for another two months. 

Last week my van had a flat tire.  We replaced all four.  The next day my van wouldn't start.  We replaced the battery.  The sight of a spare tire is so pathetic.  The roar of a new battery is something, though. 

There's always something.  A roar or a distant howl, new life so close, yet invisible until outside forces and inside forces converge in a moment of pain and beauty and joy so holy and powerful. 

Sounds like hope.  (I may not be missing a song after all.)

1 comment:

valerie said...

Would you consider sharing it?