Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Summertime So Far
"Wolfie, bring me that bear!" That's what I've been repeating for the last five minutes. I love our dog. It took no time for him to become part of our family. It's summertime for our family, and Gershwin was right. We're taking it easy this week, which is good because, frankly, I don't like taking it hard. I know, I know...that's what she said. Point is, I much prefer sitting in my living room playing with the dog to work and car pool and all that official business. No offense, official business. ("None taken," it replies as it tightens its necktie. "Carry on with your bear-fetching tomfoolery; I have a meeting to attend.") Soon we'll travel, take our dog and hit the highway north to see family and friends and waves and sand, but not before I get a haircut and a little blood work done. Gotta fulfill my health insurance promise today and get some biometric screening. Not looking forward to the needle entering my vein. Haircut tomorrow--I am looking forward to the scissors shaping me up. Rosie too, since she took the initiative to cut some of her own hair off last week. Not much else going on, dearies, unless you count the perfectly ripe and juicy peaches and cantaloupe currently available. Oh, and my recent desire to watch dumb sitcom reruns. It's like I'm sincerely interested in the plots! ("Wolfie, bring me that clicker!")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment