Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Better Health (On the way, Here to stay!)

Buenas dias. I just ate a piece of toast...attempting to reintroduce gluten into my diet. I'm a little nervous that I have a sensitivity to it. Because I'm afraid of permanent, inconvenient change. Mm hm.

But dudes, I feel so healthy lately, it's fantastic. I swear, even before my clean bill of dental health, I noticed that even my teeth were looking healthier. Like, more solid or something. Let's see...it's been over a month since I started the healthy eating plan. Since the 7 intense days, I've continued yoga five mornings a week, added a couple afternoon runs every week, and started taking daily supplements (multivitamin/mineral, vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium/magnesium/zinc, and probiotics). I've been eating simple delicious meals and snacks (made spaghetti squash for the first time--so fun!), taking relaxing baths most nights, and slowly reintroducing potentially allergenic foods. I've reintroduced corn, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers), citrus, vinegar, and eggs. No noticeable symptoms except a little heartburn from citrus. I can work with that. Today's a big one: gluten. And next is dairy, and then I'm done the official plan. I can eat whatever I choose.

My healthy feeling is more than physical. It's carrying over into other areas, into my attitude and outlook. My five big life wishes I blogged about? I feel like I'm achieving them. Or tending to them or accepting them, or whatever. Who knew that what you eat affects even your relationships and finances? I really think it does. I've got solid teeth to back me up. I'll let you know about the gluten.

No comments: